Friday, June 18, 2010
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Keys and remote control to the garage will be handed over at settlement
Heating will be comissioned after settlement, the guys will call us and organise a time. They will run through the controls with us.
Following was observed today that needs to be addressed before settlement:
- Minor paint touchups and cleaning throughout.
- Tap in kitchen to be replaced to veggie spray.
- Some flyscreens are inside out.
- Bifold door does not close properly and needs a handle.
- Main water pipe to the house to be underground and is also leaking.
- Render to portico needs paint touch up where the balcony drain is.
- Soap holders in all bathrooms are upside down.
They had a huge pile of dirt in the front this morning, they are going to level the sides a bit more towards where the retaining wall is.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
* Two coats of paint have been completed throughout. Rumpus looks cool with the dark brown colour.
* Tiler will commence tiling the main areas now
* Garage roof completed
* Down pipes connected
I was surprised they worked for 2 days during the easter break.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
The entire site has been cleared of all rubbish, I think they got a bob cat onsite this morning and clean up the site.
Current Issue: Niche in the study is missing and I have advised the supervisor to get that rectified.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
The ladder going upstairs has been removed and stairs will be installed today. All the material for the stairs is onsite and the guys to install it also arrived this morning.
Cabinets for the kitchen and bathrooms will likely be installed on Thu and internal doors will be hung this week as well. Carpenter will be back by end of week to install all the internal shelves etc.
Painting should start mid march and is expected to continue for 7-8 days followed by tiling.
Fotos of stairs to follow soon.
Friday, February 26, 2010
The bulkhead in the laundry has not been reduced but I measured the height from the floor to the bulkhead and it should fit a top loader machine plus dryer so I will leave the bulkhead as it is.
Missing - the niche in the study is missing and the wall has been plastered, will have to advise supervisor.
Found out what the plaster board in the wet areas is blue compared to white everywhere else - waterproofing.
Scaffolding is still up as a few bricks and roof tiles still need to be done.
Master bedroom photo:
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Plastering the inside commenced this morning. A lot of the downstairs has been plastered.Saw the guys installing the solar panel and evaporative cooling unit on the roof this morning. Photos for that to follow.
Monday, February 15, 2010
- Brickies are now completing the upper storey. Almost done- the sides have been bricked.
- The big glass door in the master bedroom will be put in after the scaffolding has been removed.
- The missing window in the stairwell has now been fitted.
- Still missing the speaker cables. Plaster will start going in on wed and take a couple of days. I have called and advised the supervisor that the speaker cables are still not in. He will call the electricians and chase them up.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
* Ground floor is completely bricked
* Electrical cables and data cables have been laid throughout the house
* Plumbing works completed
* The guy to install ducted vacuum was onsite today to install the ducts. There will be 3points downstairs plus the dust pan, 2 points upstairs and the unit in the garage will also have a point which will be handy to vacuum the cars or garage.
Ducted vacuum ducts for the ground floor go up to the second floor and then into the garage where the unit is. Only if the house is on stumps, the ducts can go under the floor on ground floor.
* Scaffolding will go up tomorrow
* Brickies will be back on Fri and will complete the top storey by late next week or early week after.
* Carpenters will be in later in the week to straighten all the frames, add more nails to provide strength to the frame, install the remaining doors and windows.
* It is expected the house will be in lockup stage in a couple of weeks.
* The pillar on the alfresco is sitting about an inch out of the slab. Supervisor advised that they will pour concrete underneath.
* The window in the stairwell is missing in the frame. Spoke to supervisor and they will put that in. The window has been delivered but not sure how they managed to omit it in the frame.
* Speaker cables have not been installed along with the electric cables. The electricians may not have yet competed the work, they were here yesterday so they may be coming back today. Either way the supervisor will follow up.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Concrete will be poured into these holes tomorrow then gravel will be poured over the ground and levelled and made ready to pour concrete for the slab. The concrete piers will stay exposed when leveling is done. The piers will bond with the slab when concrete for the slab is poured. In essence the slab instead of just sitting on its own on the ground will have 42 piers 1.5m deep to sit on for extra support. This is where a lot of the site cost goes into I guess.
Friday, November 6, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
- Temporary fencing has been erected at the front.
- Portable loo is also in place
- Ground has been levelled for the slab to be laid.
This morning the guys had dug trenches to lay the plumbing pipes. Once the slab has been laid, it will be clearer how much fall there will be at the back. From what the guys were saying this morning, there will left over soil and we can decide what to do with it later. Either gradually level the back or have a drop.
Electric cable from the underground power pit at the nature strip has been drawn into the block.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Good news finally on the soil test front - The Engineering company has provided a soil survey report back to Porter Davis. This will now be given to the drafting team at PD to see if they need to upgrade the slab or if it is all OK. The dates for the construction to begin as it stands at the moment is 30 Oct. So if all goes well then we might even have a late Oct start.